Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
1) Shipping and collection
- How long do the reports take? From the order date, between 4 and 8 weeks.
- How long does it take for the kit to arrive? From the date of the order, between 24 and 72 business hours.
- I have already collected my sample, how do I return the kit? To return the kit, you only have to register it here and select one of the options: postal delivery (if your mailing envelope has postage stamps and our address, you just have to deposit it in any mailbox) or "schedule a collection" if not you have a bag with postage stamps. We will send you the instructions for the collection.
- Can I ship my kit from a different address than the one I received it from? Yes, you just have to enter the new collection address when you register your kit here. If you send it from Spain, you just have to leave the sample and the copy of the signed form at any post office or mailbox.
- Can I buy it as a gift and send it to any address? Yes, you just have to keep the order number that you will receive in the confirmation email and use the delivery address to deliver the kit.
- Do you ship to any country? Yes, you can order from anywhere in the world. You just need to make sure you provide a complete and valid postal address.
- How much does it cost to ship the kit? In Spain, shipping is free. For the rest of the world, express shipping with collection service costs 25 euros and is free for orders over 248 euros.
- Do I have to go to the office to take the test? No, we send the kits to your door for free. You can see detailed instructions on using the kit here.
- Do I have to keep the sample in special conditions before sending it? No, the sample is kept in perfect condition at room temperature for a minimum of 3 months.
- What forms of payment are there? In Spain, in addition to credit card, Paypal or bank transfer (payment options in the European Union), you can pay cash on delivery. Outside the European Union only with credit card or Paypal.
- Can I pay in installments? No, this option is not available yet.
- Can I buy any pack and do some of the reports for myself and the rest for someone else? No, each purchase (regardless of the number of reports) will be valid for one person only (There is only one kit to take the DNA sample).
- What is the shipping cost? We include one-way shipping with any purchase. Collection is included for purchases over € 248 and expenses of € 25 for purchases below € 248.
3) Types of evidence
- Do you perform paternity tests? No, at 24Genetics we do not carry out this type of testing.
- Do they diagnose diseases? No, our reports are preventive, we only analyze a part of the genetic information (about 730.000 genetic biomarkers out of a total of 3.200 million biomarkers in our genome). If you are looking for a clinical panel to confirm or rule out disease, contact a clinical laboratory.
- Can I request a refund if I have bought the kit by mistake? We will refund the full amount, except shipping costs and the cost of the kit delivered, if the refund request is prior to the sequencing of the sample. In case the sequencing has started, we cannot refund any amount. We will refund via the original payment method within 21 business days of confirmation from the customer service team.
5) Packs and promotions
- Can I choose the two reports I want in the Ancestry + 2 Reports offer? Yes, you just have to write the reports you want to receive in the "comments" area of the form provided with the kit. The reports requested in packs are the same as those requested individually.
- What does the All-in-one pack include? It includes our seven full reports, the raw sequencing data file, and a free phone consultation (10 minutes for each report).
6) Distribution and association
- Can the kits be performed on babies 0-3 years of age? Yes. In the case of a baby, we need to be informed in advance to prepare a special kit to facilitate sample collection.
- Are there any contraindications in pregnant women? No. The reports will not vary.
- Will the ancestry report help me find my relatives? With any of your reports you will receive the raw data file of your sequencing (Raw Data) that you can upload to free websites such as Genesis.gedmatch.com, and, in case your relatives have also uploaded your data, you will obtain information about the relationship . At 24Genetics we do not offer this information as such.
- Do you send the Raw Data? Yes, you just have to ask us by email when you receive your reports.
- I bought my report from another company (Ancestry, Myheritage, 23andme, dnafit, etc.), can I buy 24Genetics reports from my Raw Data? Yes, you can buy it here!.