Your secret weapon to stop the premature aging of the skin
Your skin is unique and so you must treat it. The creams and treatments do not make sense if you do not adapt them to the specific needs of your skin. With the DNA test for skin care you will be able to know which treatments and creams are indicated for your skin from the genetic point of view.
We analyze how your genetics influences the hydration, elasticity and antioxidant capacity of your skin. You can identify if you have a genetic predisposition to premature aging of the skin and you can act in time to counteract it.
Premature aging of the skin is a complex process influenced by genetic and environmental factors. The latest scientific studies have shown that genetic factors can influence up to a 60% variation in skin aging between individuals, while the remaining 40% is due to non-genetic factors.
Your skin deserves personalized care and the starting point is this genetic test where you can really see what your skin needs from inside your cells.
These are the sections of our DNA test for skin care
Caring for your skin
In this section we analyze some of the critical factors in the premature aging of the skin such as Dermal Sensitivity, Protection against Pollution, Glycation, Antioxidant Capacity, etc. We will analyze your genetic predisposition to environmental factors that directly affect the type of cream you should use.
In this section we can also see your predisposition to suffer some pathologies such as acne, psoriasis, etc.
The sun and your skin
We will see your genetic predisposition to the effects of solar radiation, your genetic ease of tanning and having sunspots. In this section we can know your predisposition to have an accelerated photo-aging, with which it would be very advisable that your day creams carry some type of protection against UV rays.
Feed your skin
The first skin care has to come from within, and your nutrition may be the key to some of the forms of premature aging of the skin. Certain nutrients are key to the health of your skin and there are certain mutations that can prevent the proper absorption of these essential nutrients. Knowing your personal needs will help you to nourish your skin better.
Questions and Answers
How is this test done and where can I do it?
It is very simple. We send the kit to any place in the world. You will only have to rub a cotton swab inside the mouth following very simple instructions. We take care of everything and in a few weeks you will receive your report by email.
Should I make drastic changes in my health management with the data from this test?
No, any change that affects your health should be monitored by a doctor.
What is the best I can do when I get this report?
Your report, as you can see in the example that you can download above, is easily understandable but the best benefit you can get is taking it to the consultation of your dermatologist or your beauty center.
What is this study based on?
We apply genetic studies internationally consolidated and accepted by the scientific community to your genetic map. Below you can see some of the studies used.
The genetic information provided by 24Genetics is valid only for research, information and educational uses. In no case is it valid for clinical or diagnostic use.
Some studies on which our Genetic Test for Skin Care is based:
- Genetic polymorphisms and skin aging: the identification of population genotypic groups holds potential for personalized treatments
- Glycated Reconstructed Human Skin as a Platform to Study the Pathogenesis of Skin Aging
- Regulation of superoxide dismutase genes: implications in disease
- Skin and mucosal manifestations in vitamin deficiency
- Association between genetic variants in the Coenzyme Q10 metabolism and Coenzyme Q10 status in humans
This DNA study for skin care is based on more than 300 studies such as those indicated above.